Belong at The Door
"You are members of God's family. We are his house, built on the foundation of the apostles and the prophets. And the cornerstone is Christ Jesus himself. We who believe are carefully joined together, becoming a holy temple for the Lord" (Ephesians 2:20-21).
Belonging is about relationships. We've seen three general steps in building relationships.
Step 1: DIscovering
- Come weekly to the Sunday service. Coffee is ready by 10 AM. Come early and stay late.
- Take initiative to get to know others.
Step 2: ExPLORING
- Check out the calendar to see what's happening - Linger for Lunch, Connection Groups, and other activities/service projects.
- Volunteering is what makes things happen at The Door.
- Membership Class: Find out more about The Door by participating in the next membership class, offered three times a year in December, April, and August.
Step 3: BELONGING
- When you make a commitment to a church, you gain a church family. This is an important decision in the life of an individual or family because this is a deeper expression of setting your roots into this church home.
- The foundation of being able to keep this commitment is surrendering your life to Jesus Christ.
- View the COMMITMENT FORM: Commitment to being church (1 Peter 2:1-5), to protecting church (Colossians 4:12-17), and growing church (Matthew 28:18-20).
- At the membership class there will be opportunity, but no expectation, for making this commitment.
- Link to our CORE VALUES and CORE BELIEFS